"Feta"
I LOVE cheeses. I HATE what dairy does to me & the thoughts I have about where it came from & what's been done to it. Did you know that on the average, it takes the human body 10-14 days to process dairy out of it??? Since having Starlet & learning about dairy alternatives, its been a pretty fun and educating journey. And the journey has rolled on since discovering the beauty of raw eating.
This is one of my newest, yummiest that I find myself adding to our "pizzas", salads, or just snacking on. See how many ways you can use this! Its been fun to add different spices to this starter" recipe to dash up the flavors, too.
Raw Crumbled "Feta"
1/4c raw macadamia nuts
2 TBSP pine nuts
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 tsp organic extra-virgin olive oil
1 TBSP nutritional yeast
pinch dried garlic granules or powder
pinch sun-dried sea salt
Soak macadamia nuts in fresh water 10 minutes. Drain off water well & blot nuts dry with clean towel. In a food processor, chop macadamia nuts & pine nuts into a fine meal.
Add lemon juice & zest apple cider vinegar, and olive oil, & pulse until well mixed. You may need to scrape the walls of the processor for a smooth consistency.
Add nutritional yeast, garlic granules (or powder), & sea salt and pulse until crumbly.
Store refrigerated in airtight container.
Recipe from my newest, most favorite, non-"cook"book ~ Living Cuisine by Renee Loux Underkoffler.
1 comment:
Post a Comment