Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rice Pudding

Oh how sweet it is! I love using breakfast as an excuse to eat this "dessert"!

Ingredients
2 eggs OR egg substitute equivalent
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c.pure maple syrup
1/2 c. golden raisins
2 c.milk of choice

1/2 tsp.vanilla

2 c. cooked, COLD jasmine rice
1+ tsp. ground nutmeg



Method
Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly beat eggs in un-greased 1-1/2 quart round casserole dish. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Bake in an un-covered dish for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Sprinkle extra nutmeg atop pudding for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Pudding is done when a butter knife is inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.

I think its best with a hot mug of eggnog latte coffee from Sunflower Market (I just discovered this treat on our most recent trip to Denver! Its seasonal so get yours quick!) Ah comfort!

No comments: