Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mango Lasse


Summer is just around the corner, right? Well in my mind it is. I'd prefer to skip past all the allergies that come with the beauty of these spring blooms. With summer in mind (not to mention my pregnancy hormones overheating me daily), cool drinks are a must, so I'm stocking up on my recipes now to be well-prepared.


Mango being a favorite, this lasse offers up a gloriously sweet Indian delight! Lasse's are traditionally made with yogurt, but here blended cashews offer a smooth alternative & boost the protein!




Mango Lasse
1/4c whole raw cashews
1c fresh coconut water, or fresh water as necessary to blend
1 ripe mango, pitted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1c orange juice, frozen in an ice cube tray
mint leaves

Method
Blend cashews & coconut water (or fresh water) at high speed until smooth.
Add mango, vanilla, cinnamon, & cardamom and blend until smooth.
Add frozen orange juice cubes & blend until slushy.
Garnish with mint leaves.
Serve immediately.

Makes 1-2 servings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds wonderful! I have everything to make it except the cardamom!!!