Friday, February 2, 2007

Warm Apple Pear Salad


This is my all-time favorite salad! I eat it just about everyday. This recipe makes more than enough pear topping for one salad, so reserve & refrigerate for your next salad.

Ingredients
1 large pear, diced
1 small fiji apple, diced
1/4c slivered almonds
1/2c golden raisins
2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP grapeseed oil
2c spinach leaves, stems removed
1 c dark leafy lettuce such as romaine or red-leafed lettuce
2 TBSP raspberry balsalmic vinegar
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil ( I enjoy extra virgin Kalmata olive oil)


Method
Rinse & gently pat dry spinach & lettuce; set aside.
Heat grapeseed oil in saute pan over low heat. Add pears, apples, cinnamon & almonds. Stir occasional, heating just until warm but still crisp. Add raisins & heat for about 2 minutes.
Toss 1/2c pear mixture with greens, then, top with vinegar & olive oil.
Eat! Enjoy! Know that you're getting antioxidants, healthy fats, and plenty of your needed fruits & vegetables!

1 comment:

Jade said...

Yum! That sounds really good. I love salads with lots of fruits & nuts.