Protein-Packed Breakfast Taquito
But I don't think eating healthy should make one feel deprived of taste or flavor. Searching & trying different products & foods (& scrounging through my fridge at the crack of dawn) has brought me to this re-creation of one of my most favorite breakfast dishes.
Ingredients*
1/3 c EggBeaters egg whites (2-3 medium eggs)
1/4 c (or less) cooked brown rice, warmed
2 TBSP dairy-alternative shredded cheddar cheese
1 strip tempeh bacon (Light Life Organic Smoky Tempeh Strips)
1 whole wheat tortilla (La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/ Low Fat Whole Wheat Tortilla)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
grapeseed oil spray
Method
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Spray baking sheet with spray & put tempeh bacon on sheet; place in oven to bake while prepping rest of dish; flipping every few minutes.
Spray saute pan & cook egg whites over medium heat; add black pepper, to taste.
When egg whites are done being scrambled, bacon should be done, as well. Remove eggs from heat. Allow bacon to cool slightly, then crumble.
Method
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Spray baking sheet with spray & put tempeh bacon on sheet; place in oven to bake while prepping rest of dish; flipping every few minutes.
Spray saute pan & cook egg whites over medium heat; add black pepper, to taste.
When egg whites are done being scrambled, bacon should be done, as well. Remove eggs from heat. Allow bacon to cool slightly, then crumble.
Put egg whites, crumbled bacon, warm rice & shredded cheese in warm tortilla & wrap it up.
Eat immediately!
Makes 1 breakfast taquito/ burrito.
Calories: 232 Total Fat: 5.25g Protein: 21g Fiber: 8.5g
*When I mention brand names, they are merely suggestions which I've hopefully found the healthiest options. Please tell me what you use & how it works for you! And like a majority of my recipes, these are all easily adjustable to your favorite ingredients, or more of something & a little less of that.
Eat immediately!
Makes 1 breakfast taquito/ burrito.
Calories: 232 Total Fat: 5.25g Protein: 21g Fiber: 8.5g
*When I mention brand names, they are merely suggestions which I've hopefully found the healthiest options. Please tell me what you use & how it works for you! And like a majority of my recipes, these are all easily adjustable to your favorite ingredients, or more of something & a little less of that.
4 comments:
Living in Southern California, I see plenty of those taquitos vans. I too make healthy breakfast burritos, so I really like your recipe and the nutrition information. Thanks a lot!
Oh sweet Susan, you sing my heart's true love... Southern California!!
**Editted to add: When figuring the fat grams, I botched. If yo saw this post previously, the fat grams were at "less than 10g", but it is now correct "5.25g". Sorry!
Looks really delicious and healthy. Very good breakfast idea. :-)
What? You grew up in South Texas? THIS FOOD LOOKS GREAT! I've added you to my Favorites Folder in my Bookmark list. I'll have to look this up again after the move. Dang, you pick some GREAT recipes! ;)
Post a Comment