Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mild Miso Soup

I'm always on the lookout for healthy to-go foods. Soups is one of the obvious easy ones to pre-package, but its so hard to find great healthy choices. While recently wandering the aisles of our local organic grocer's I found San J Mild Miso Traditional Japanese Soup.

I was pleased to find it was vegan & low on the calories with only 45 in the whole cup & only 1.5 total fat grams. I was disappointed that it was sky high with its sodium content at a whopping 1360 grams. (I think I was able to bring that down a tad, once it was done heating I poured some of the soup out & added more hot water. )
Since I tried this at home, I was able to add some more chopped green onions & a few more pieces of cooked tofu, to make it heartier.

Overall, I'd happily buy it again for health on the go.

No comments: