Bananarama Pancakes
Saturday is rapidly becoming pancake morning in our home & I happily welcome our new "tradition" as it gives me many chances to try out all sorts of variations on an old favorite. Sometimes oozing with healthy goodness, other times, just downright carbalicious, but always deelish!
Bananarama Pancakes
Ingredients
1c. flour of choice
2 TBSP. vegan sweetener of choice
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. low-sodium baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large banana, thinly sliced
2 TBSP. grapeseed oil
1c. rice, almond, or soy milk
cooking spray
toppings of choice
Method
Coat skillet with cooking spray, then preheat skillet to 280F-300F, or use a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Mix dry ingredients well in a medium bowl.
Slowly add the wet ingredients, using a whisk to incorporate them together, being careful not to over-mix.
Gently fold in the banana slices.
Pour batter on pre-heated skillet, 1/4 cup at a time, spacing approximately 1 inch apart, to make 8-10 4-inch pancakes.
*I had some fresh blueberries on hand last Saturday so I folded in 3/4c. blueberries while adding the bananas to the batter. mmmmmm!
Up next, Cinnamon-Hazelnut Pancakes & Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes! Are you drooling yet? Oh how I adore Saturday mornings!
Slainte!
1 comment:
This is pretty much the same recipe I use. We do pancakes about 3 times a week because they're sooooo easy! I like to add in some flax seed meal, cinnamon, blueberries, sometimes chocolate chips!!!! Mmmmm....you're right, there are soooo many wonderful choices!!!!!
Post a Comment