Monday, October 15, 2007

Tagliarini

This was recently handed down to me and I just can't leave things alone, now can I? For me, this recipe is an "always-going-to-be-there-if-Gramma-Chaney-is-there".... along with her lime green ambrosia salad. Who knew it was a total 70's recipe? I don't mind. All I know is its comforting & easy. And that suits me just fine!

Tagliarini

Ingredients
12-16 oz cooked & drained whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 pound of your favorite non-meat ground "beef" crumbled ( I love Trader Joe's meatless meatballs)
1 medium white onion, chopped & slightly cooked
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2c (or more) favorite spaghetti sauce
1-1/2c chopped black olives
1-1/2c corn, cooked & well-drained
1-1/2c sliced mushrooms ( I love baby bellas)
2c. non-dairy "cheese", mozzarella or cheddar, divided
black pepper to taste


Method
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
If all ingredients (pasta, "meat", onion & garlic) are pre-cooked, mix well & put in a 9x13 casserole dish, setting aside 1c. "cheese" for topping.
Cook casserole for 20 minutes, stir & return to oven for 20 more minutes.
Top with remaining "cheese" & bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.


Who doesn't love an Italian comfort casserole for the fall??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy!